Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Book Review: Fantastical (Fantasyland #3) by Kristen Ashley

Fantastical (Fantasyland #3) 
By Kristen Ashley
Release Date: November 2nd, 2011
Number of Pages: Unknown
Format: ebook
Source: Bought
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Blurbs from Goodreads:
Cora Goode has woken up in a fairytale world where she can understand what birds are saying to her, men ride horses and have fluffy feathers in their hats and furniture zigs, zags and whirls in miracles of construction.

The problem is, she thinks she's in a dream but she's actually taken the place of the parallel universe Cora and without realizing it, our Cora does something that starts a centuries old curse that will sweep the land if she gets captured by the evil Minerva.

At this point, her dream world becomes a nightmare.

Luckily, hot guy, fantasyland Noctorno is there to save her from the clutches of the grotesque vickrants sent by Minerva to capture her. Unfortunately, hot guy, fantasyland Noctorno doesn't like the Cora of his world all that much (to say the least) and he thinks our Cora is her. And no matter what our Cora says or does to try to convince him, he won't be convinced.

But Cora needs Tor to keep her safe and guide her through this fantastical world as she hopes one day to wake up in her not-so-great apartment in her not-so-great life in her world. The problem is, the more time she spends with the gorgeous, warrior Tor, the faster she falls in love with him.

My Review:
Whoah, totally surprising. As I read The Golden Dynasty first, nothing, I say again, NOTHING could have beaten Lahn. If you've read it, you'll know what I mean but I was really surprised by Fantastical. Oh my. I have my lack of sleep and panda eyes to totally prove it.

I started reading it at 4am after finishing Jennifer Ashley's The Duke's Perfect Wife. My few minutes turned to hours. I officially went to sleep at almost 9am!! Owh my gawd! Thank god it was Labor Day and I didn't have class.

I L.O.V.E Fantastical. It wasn't as riveting as TGD but it was so fluffy and lovable that I couldn't help falling in love with Tor, Cora and their world. It was awesome and great in it's own cute way. Its premise and Cora's character gave me a very, very Snow White-tish vibe.

I won't bore you with my gushing but I will just state a few of my favorite things:

1. Tor. He isn't Lahn but Tor has his own charisma and machoism. I found him h-a-w-t and so cute. Swoons.

2. Cora. She is so bubbly and kept reminding me of the Disney Princesses. When she bawled her eyes out to Tor and demanded to go home, it was so hilariously endearing and cute. What happened after that incident was yummy and also touching.

3. Noc. Ha! He was the other Tor and a very intriguing character. I look forward to read his own story - soon.

4. Phoebe. Cora's BFF is really supportive and showed what true friends should be.

5. Cora's parents (the heroine's parents, not the beyotch's one) were so cuteeeee.

6. APOLLO!!!!! Yeah, yeah, he only appeared in the epilogue but I was soooo EXCITED that his story's next. The ending of Wildest Dreams hinted at it but this time, it is absolutely certain. It is even mentioned in Kristen's website.


Fantastical was simply magical and amazing. I can't wait for Apollo's story. Kristen Ashley, you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D