Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Book Review: Bride by Mistake (Devil Riders #5) by Anne Gracie


Bride by Mistake (Devil Riders #5)
By Anne Gracie
Release Date: January 3rd, 2013
Format: Ebook
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Blurb from Goodreads:
Eight years ago, Lieutentant Luke Ripton made a hasty wartime marriage-in-name-only to protect a young girl from a forced union and left her protected in a remote mountain convent. Now, Luke is Lord Ripton, but he has been unable to obtain an annullment. Which leaves him no choice but to claim a wife he doesn't want.

For nearly a decade, Isabella has waited like a princess locked in a tower, dreaming of her handsome, dark-haired prince. Her dreams are shattered when Luke reveals himself not as a prince, but an autocratic soldier, expecting her unquestioning obedience, which is something Isabella's fiercely independent nature will not tolerate.


And while Luke and Isabella's fiery personalities clash at every turn, they remain bound to their vows, never expecting that the passionate fury they share could become passion of a different kind...

My Review:
The blurb of this story instantly drew me in as it kind of reminded me of my fav series, The Wife Lottery by Jodi Thomas and it was unputdownable as soon as I started it.

I really love the story and the characters. They were so fiery, interesting and engaging. It was really well written but the reason I subtracted a star was because of how Luke's greatest affliction was resolved. I thought it was done too quickly, before I knew it, Luke's nemesis was already gone and done for.


Overall, this was a story worth investing and losing sleep over and yes, this series can be read out of order or as a standalone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D