Thursday, November 29, 2012

Book Review: Archangel of Mercy by Christina Ashcroft

Archangel of Mercy 
By Christina Ashcroft
Release Date: December 4th, 2012
Format: Ebook (ARC)
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥

Blurb from Goodreads:
Between an angel and a desperate woman comes salvation and a raw passion that challenges them at every turn…

When Aurora Robinson attempts to open a rift between dimensions to embrace her true heritage, an arrogant Archangel is the only one who can save her from the jaws of hell. And while she owes Gabriel her life, she's determined not to fall at his feet-despite the desire she feels whenever they're together.

After his wings were brutally destroyed millennia ago, Gabriel has no compassion for humans like those who ruined him and betrayed the ones he loved. But when he inexplicably finds himself defying ancient protocols to rescue a woman from a fate worse than death, he is shocked by the searing attraction he feels for a mortal.

As the ancient forces that seek to punish Aurora for her actions close in, Gabriel offers the tempting woman protection at his private sanctuary. But as they both succumb to their desires, they discover an even deeper connection-one that threatens to consume them.

My Review:
After reading
A very big thank you to Netgalley and Berkley Heat for providing me with an ARC of this book.

As you see from the GIF below, I was really ecstatic over the approval I got plus Christina is such a nice author. I had fun tweeting with her and she actually mailed a swag to me all the way from Australia. So sweet. Now, back to what I think of the book.

Gabe has the whole package. He is the tortured Alpha hero that I didn't fall in love with at first read. He was too alpha for my taste - at first. He was so rude, dismissive of Aurora, so snobbish and I just couldn't stand his bastardness. He is the type that needs some getting used to. He is an acquired taste. To me, he is like bitter gourd. I didn't like and fancy it at first but I grew to like it as I consumed it more. Gabe is just like that.

 Aurora is the heroine I love. Tough, courageous and possesses a sheer force of will. She isn't easily intimidated and daunted by anything or anyone. She has a mind of her own, doesn't shrink from speaking what she thinks and doesn't allow anyone to trample all over her.

I like the concept behind the angels mythology. It veered from the usual religious based background. It is a great touch to the whole thing. Overall, Archangel of Mercy is a story that you need to plough through and then you'll find that it is enjoyable after all as it does suffers the first-in-a-series syndrome.

Before reading
My request for this was finally approved yesterday after waiting for a month. Feels like Christmas!!!
                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D