Monday, April 9, 2012

Book Review: The Perfect Play (Play by Play #1) by Jaci Burton

The Perfect Play (Play by Play #1)
By Jaci Burton
Release Date: February 1st, 2011
Number of Pages: 243
Format: ebook
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥


Blurbs from Goodreads:
The last thing event planner Tara Lincoln needs is the jet-set lifestyle of a football pro like Mick Riley; even though their steamy and passionate one-night stand proved that Mick is an all-star-both on the field and in the bedroom.

Tara played the game of love once and lost big, and she doesn't intend to put herself out there again, especially with a certified heartbreaker. But when Mick sets his mind to win, nothing will stop him. And he has the perfect play in mind to catch this sultry vixen.

My Review:
I know that The Perfect Play is an Erotica/Romance. I did like the beginning at first but then later I felt it got too rushed when Mick and Tara had sex. It would nice if they had got to know each other a little better and longer. I felt that the author wanted them to be involved with each other as soon as possible so that the story could move on faster.

It felt unreal for me. Like a pass and go. I didn't really got into the motion. However, I liked the main characters well enough and the secondary characters were great as well, including the "villain" Liz whom I felt really sorry for later.

I love reading about their banters, getting to know each other, meeting up with Mick's awesome family and friends, and seeing Nathan's relationship with his Mom, Tara blossomed. It was really touching to see how much Nathan actually understands the life his mother has led and how much he cares for her well-being.

The only gripe I had in this book was the irritating sex scenes. Yes, I do appreciate some steamy sex scenes but they got on my nerves so much for the first half of the book. I felt they were like fillers to fill in the storyline to move it along.

Nevertheless, The Perfect Play was a no-brainer, quick breezy read and I did enjoy the romance. Plus the cover is smoking hawt!! *fans self*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D