Thursday, June 28, 2012

Book Review: Something Like Normal by Trish Doller


Something Like Normal
By Trish Doller
Release Date: June 19th, 2012
Number of Pages: 142
Format: Ebook
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Blurb from Goodreads:
When Travis returns home from a stint in Afghanistan, his parents are splitting up, his brother’s stolen his girlfriend and his car, and he’s haunted by nightmares of his best friend’s death. It’s not until Travis runs into Harper, a girl he’s had a rocky relationship with since middle school, that life actually starts looking up. And as he and Harper see more of each other, he begins to pick his way through the minefield of family problems and post-traumatic stress to the possibility of a life that might resemble normal again. Travis’s dry sense of humor, and incredible sense of honor, make him an irresistible and eminently lovable hero.

My Review:
You know you've hit upon a pot of gold when you find it hard to put what you're feeling into words.


I have all these feelings inside me while reading SLN. I wanted to shake and slap Travis for his stupid behavior with Paige. I wanted to hug and kiss him for all that he has been through. I wanted to punch his dad for being such an asshole and congratulate his mom for stepping it up.  

I wanted to laugh and just chill with Kevlar and Moss. I wanted to get inked for the first time by Ellen and gorged myself like a pig with Jenny's delicious cooking. And I was just loving and cheering for Harper all the way.

Most of all, I wanted to say thank you to Trish Doller for this story and also to Charlie for being so alive in the pages of this book.

Something Like Normal was such a realistic story and I really loved the way it ended. It was right. It was perfect. It was really beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D