Monday, July 23, 2012

Book Review: The Devil You Know (The Devil DeVere #3) by Victoria Vane **18 Yrs Above**


The Devil You Know (The Devil DeVere #3) **18 Yrs Above**
By Victoria Vane
Release Date: July 27th, 2012
Format: Ebook
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Blurb from Goodreads:

When dealing with the devil it's easy to be burned… especially when passion ignites the flames. 
Who can find a virtuous woman… Beautiful, respectable, and dutiful, Lady Diana Palmerston-Wriothesley has long resigned herself to her decade-long loveless and childless marriage to a feckless husband…until his gambling pushes them to the brink of financial ruin.

Sometimes the devil is in disguise…as a gentleman… Viscount Ludovic, "The Devil DeVere", is a man accustomed to taking what he wants according to his whim and heedless of the cost…until he encounters a woman who won't be had at any price.

When dealing with the devil, it's easy to be burned… When Diana discovers a secret that shatters the carefully built façade concealing her private pain, she seeks aid and comfort from the most unlikely place…the devil's arms. But will a single night of heavenly passion damn them both forever?

My Review:

Oh, my, my, my. Viscount Ludovic DeVere has played a vital role in the first two novellas as a "matchmaker". He was a very interesting character and I was somewhat surprised that Diana and he had something in the past. Before this, I would never have thought of this coupling but The Virgin Huntress hinted at that and The Devil You Know revealed the events that happened four years ago.

On the surface, DeVere gave off a very nonchalant, confident, devil-may-care and I-live-by-my-own-codes attitude but this book showed us a glimpse of the lonely DeVere. He actually really cared for Diana and felt something he never felt before when with other women.

I'm really glad that our heroine is Diana as I absolutely adore her. She was a fiery, fierce and strong character and the perfect match for The Devil DeVere. The Devil has finally met his match but alas, it was short-lived. The effing duchess ruined everything.

Gah! I wanted to strangle the duchess. She was a true b****. I hate her with my whole being. It was a heartbreak and I almost teared up when DeVere presented Diana with his parting gift. I won't say more because I don't want to spoil the story. It was really saddddddddd after that because this scene actually revealed how DeVere actually felt for Diana.

I feel blessed and fortunate to have gotten my hands on this book earlier. A BIG THANK YOU to Victoria Vane for this lovely ARC. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was so ecstatic over it and now it's torture to have to wait for The Devil's Match. I comfort myself that I just have to wait a month for it and not a year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D