Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Book Review: Covet ( The Fallen Angels #1) by J.R. Ward **18 Yrs Above**

Covet ( The Fallen Angels #1)
J.R. Ward
Release Date: October 29th, 2009
Number of Pages: 474
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Blurb from Goodreads:
Redemption isn't a word Jim Heron knows much about-his specialty is revenge, and to him, sin is all relative. But everything changes when he becomes a fallen angel and is charge with saving the souls of seven people from the seven deadly sins. And failure is not an option.

Vin DiPietro long ago sold his soul to his business, and he's good with that-until fate intervenes in the form of a tough- talking, Harley-riding, self-professed savior. But then he meets a woman who will make him question his destiny, his sanity, and his heart-and he has to work with a fallen angel to win her over and redeem his own soul.

My Review:
======May Contain Spoilers. Read At Your Own Risk.======

Many have said that the Fallen Angels series wasn't as good as the Black Dagger Brotherhood series but I beg to differ. It wouldn't be fair to compare both series side by side as both are two different genres altogether. While BDB leans more towards UF Romance, Fallen Angels leans more towards the action-thriller and Supernatural kind. It was good in its own way

It took some time for me to adjust to the style of this series but I ended up enjoying Covet. Jim was a rather introvert and self-preserved guy who kept to himself due to his background. He was a real refreshing character from my BDB boys. I still love them. I do. It's just awesome to change it up from time to time. And I loved his mind. The way he thinks, calculates, views, processes and dissects information was great because he did not just jump to conclusions immediately. He gave both sides the benefit of the doubt before finding out the truth. This is what I call a great character but still flawed enough to connect with you.

Eddie and Adrian were still much a mystery. You get glimpses and flashes of who they are but not entirely. Adrian seemed like the type of guy who gives you a laid-back-and-funny-asshole version of himself on the outside but not easily letting you on the inside. Eddie was the levelheaded and calmer version of the trio and gets Adrian the most. Both were tight together and somehow tend to leave Jim out. Maybe it's so that that Jim finds out things on his own but I really hope to see them growing closer as the series progresses.

Vin and Marie-Terese were perfect together. It was so good to read about the secondary characters who played a part in BDB i.e. Trez, Marie-Terese herself, Gina (but I don't really care for her). I enjoyed reading and getting to know more about our OTP. Vin and Marie-Terese both had endured hardships in the past and they certainly deserved each other and their shot at happiness. It's always great to read about how strong characters they were. I must mention Robbie. He's such cutie pie and the icing on the cake. His scene with Vin was too cute for words.

I shouldn't have read spoilers. I shouldn't have but I just couldn't helped myself. I won't look into the spoilers from now because I already knew what Devina really was from the start. But I can confidently say that even if I did not read them, I was already very suspicious of that bitch because of the prologue. I kept yelling at Jim to not fall for her damsel-in-distress-puppy-dog act and was truly devastated when he bedded her - in his truck. I knew it was bad news. Effing bad news. God, and I truly hated her with a vengeance! She's worst than a bitch and that sociopath Eugene aka Saul was just sick.

I must gush. I must. I recognised PHURY and BUTCH!!!!!!! I'm so proud of myself. I won't tell you which part they were mentioned but it was obvious enough for me to point them out. Imagine, getting excited over these cameo appearances.

Covet was a different but worthy read and I'm on to Crave.

4 comments:

  1. Oh boy was Butch on it?Pleeease tell me xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeap, any BDB fan will immediately recognize him. He was not mention but he was described by Marie-Terese who saw him in church as a man wearing a red Sox cap sitting at the back. She didn't know who he was of course. The series is just alright. Not as gripping as BDB.

      Delete
    2. So happy my man was mention in the book woeeiii xD

      Delete
    3. Yup. I was really excited to "meet" two of the brothers. Haha.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D