Saturday, March 3, 2012

Book Review: Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood #4) by J.R. Ward **18 Yrs Above**


Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood #4)
By J.R. Ward
Release Date: March 6th, 2007
Number of Pages: 455
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Blurb from Goodreads:

Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. And if he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers.

But fate curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.

My Review:

"United by their clasped hands, they became again the two halves, the light and the dark. The Destroyer and the Savior. A whole.” 

I've already read and reviewed the first three books in the series and I love each one as I went along. Butch's story is no different and I won't compare Marissa and him to the others because every character is different and every story has its own specialty and awesomeness.

I love Butch. I didn't like him in the beginning in Dark Lover but I adored him and the rest of the brotherhood at the end of it. Butch's smart-assnes is such a laugh. I love his banters with V. Their scenes were so hilarious and tender at the same time.

Marissa is a very innocent heroine and I like how she changes into a stronger character as the story progresses. I love how the heroines in this series are strong in their own way. It's so good to read about them being strong and tough for their shellans/mates.

Lover Revealed is as good as the rest. I'm a fair persona and will have no favourites. I love all the brothers and the females. One without the other will never be complete. J.R Ward did it again and I am in awe of her.

On to V's story....

2 comments:

  1. Great review :) I haven't read this one. I think I stopped reading the series just before this one.

    Book Enslaved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks =D Ah, you should continue on with the series. It's really good =)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D