Saturday, March 3, 2012

Book Review: Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood #5) by J.R. Ward **18 Yrs Above**

Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood #5)
By J.R. Ward
Release Date: October 1st, 2007
Number of Pages: 502
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Blurb from Goodreads:

In Caldwell, New York, war rages between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Now the cold heart of a cunning predator will be warmed against its will...

Ruthless and brilliant, Vishous, son of the Bloodletter, possesses a destructive curse and a frightening ability to see the future. As a pretrans growing up in his father's war camp he was tormented and abused. As a member of the Brotherhood, he has no interest in love or emotion, only the battle with the Lessening Society. But when a mortal injury puts him in the care of human surgeon, Dr. Jane Whitcomb compels him to reveal his inner pain and taste true pleasure for the first time-until a destiny he didn't choose takes him into a future that cannot include her...

My Review:

"Letting go meant you accepted what couldn't be changed....you stared at what was before you with clear eyes, recognizing that unfettered choice was the exception and destiny the rule. No bargaining. No trying to control. You gave up and saw that the one you loved was in fact not your future, and there was nothing you could do about it." 

I didn't expect Vishous's story to be more touching and poignant than Zsadist's. Tears actually rolled down while I read Lover Unbound and that's saying something because I'm the type of reader that seldom and always often not cry or sob or whatever when I read.

I really do not know how to write this review. Many have said that they didn't like the ending and so on but I thought otherwise. I really thought the ending was appropriate and rather meaningful. And for the first time, I actually felt sympathy for the Scribe Virgin. With great power comes great responsibility and thus heavy consequences to bear. The Scribe Virgin had to bear the consequences of her mistake and the revelation of what she did and what occurred due to her deed was shocking for me. I really didn't expect that. Seriously.

Vishous and Jane were wonderful and exhilarating characters. Jane was so badass and man, was she bold. I couldn't believed it when she told Rhage to fuck off. She's so badass and I love that brain and mouth of hers. V and Jane were perfect for each other because they flow on the same wavelength, they understand each other and they heal each other.

Lover Unbound was really awesome and I love the unconventional ending no matter what others are saying about it. It is perfect. Now, I'm psyched to read about Phury and Cormia because Cormia is just too adorable.

P/S: I LOVE the prologue. Totally did. It was a great opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D