Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Book Review: Angel by L.A. Weatherly

Angel (Angel #1)
By L.A. Weatherly
Release Date: October 1st, 2010
Number of Pages: 512
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 


Blurb from Goodreads:

Angels are all around us: beautiful, awe-inspiring, irresistible.


Ordinary mortals yearn to catch a glimpse of one of these stunning beings and thousands flock to The Church of Angels to feel their healing touch.
But what if their potent magnetism isn't what it seems?
Willow knows she's different from other girls. And not just because she loves tinkering around with cars.
Willow has a gift. She can look into people's futures, know their dreams, their hopes and their regrets, just by touching them. But she has no idea where she gets this power from.


Until she meets Alex…
Alex is one of the few who know the truth about angels. He knows Willow's secret and is on a mission to stop her.
The dark forces within Willow make her dangerous – and irresistible.
In spite of himself, Alex finds he is falling in love with his sworn enemy.


My Review:


Update as of 21st Sept 2011

I was going through my reviews and happened to click on this; went through the book mentally which was stored in a space in my brains and decided to elevate its status to four cheery loves.
And YES, I am continuing with this trilogy and am hyped up over the soon-to-be-released Angel Fever! FYI, I just placed an order for it in Bookdepository.


11th June 2011
It's between a 3 and 4 but leaning more towards 3. . I like the different and unique twist Weatherly had to the concept of angels being evil and feeding off humans in order to survive. The first time I read it, I only got 2-3 chapters in and then completely gave up on it. I gave it a second chance when I was looking for something sweet and cheesy. This book survived this time. Lucky you. I like the characters enough. They did not annoy to the extent of me wanting to roll my eyes.


Other than that, everything was pretty okay. I do have to agree with Mocha Latte that it was a bit 'twilight-ish' especially the romance between the leads. Not that it's a terrible thing or anything but well maybe too sweet for my taste. I've never fallen in love so I have no idea how it actually feels like to be in love like that, so, it's not for me to judge how the romance should be played out. Maybe falling in love is like that. I dunno. Lol. But anyho, I still think that there were too many kissing and declarations of love over and over again. It got too overwhelming and sickeningly sweet. I was like, "Okay, they're going to kiss again and vow their undying love for each other". Sighs.


I appreciated that the secrets were surprisingly quick to be revealed and all the actions were going full out throughout the book but then when they finally got together, everything kind of trickled and petered out.
The story kept me interested enough to consider reading the sequel. I may or I may not. That depends on the level of cheesiness. I can only tolerate that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D