Monday, February 6, 2012

Book Review: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1)
By Richelle Mead
Release Date: August 23rd, 2011
Number of Pages: 421
Format: Hardcover
Source: Bought
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Blurb from Goodreads:
The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

My Review:
One of the many LOL scenes:
Keith was just bringing the glass to his lips when Adrian
said, “Mmm. O positive, my favorite.”
Keith sprayed out the wine he’d just drunk and promptly
started coughing. I was relieved that none got on me. Jill
burst into giggles, and Clarence stared at his glass
wonderingly.
“Is it? I thought it was a cabernet sauvignon.”
“So it is,” said Adrian, straight-faced. “My mistake.”

Bloodlines was mindblowing. I think that I'm one of the rare ones out there that actually ♡ Sydney Sage's voice and perspectives. I was worried of all the not so positive comments readers have been saying but decided to throw them all away and plunge into it with enthusiasms. I'm glad I did because I really, really am adoring and in ♡ with the four main leads: Sydney, Adrian, Jill and Eddie.

I've said some things about Adrian in my Last Sacrifice review but I am so sold on Adrian now. Bloodlines did it and I'm so proud of him.

Although many out there are complaining about the dullness and boringness of Sydney and Jill, I thought otherwise. I found Sydney's voice refreshing. A lot of readers are actually comparing her next to Rose which it isn't fair at all. Rose and Sydney are two different characters. Sydney was endearingly naïve in many things: social wise. She can be so clueless but yet so intelligent and responsible at the same time. She is so serious at times that it becomes so funny. She is rather perceptive towards other people's feelings but not her own. I ♡ how she isn't afraid to call Adrian on his woe-is-me attitude. She actually inspired him to want to be better. And I find myself enjoying all these traits about her. I'm so glad that Richelle Mead is using Sydney as the voice of the Bloodlines series.

Adrian. I wasn't all that into him in VA but I fell in love with him in Bloodlines. I'm so proud of him. It's so awesome to see him starting to man up and do something with his life. His snarky quips and one-liners are hilarious as always. Leaving Court was indeed the right thing. Hell, meeting the serious, no-nonsense Sydney was the right thing. She can kick ass and knock some sense in him in her own, responsible, Alchemist way. I can predict sparks flying in the near future and I can't wait to see how Richelle Mead is going to go about it. Alchemist/Human and a Moroi. A royal nonetheless. Everything that go against all that Sydney believes in.

Jill is not boring. She was raised in a protective environment and after going through all the topsy turvy, she has become braver, stronger and confident. Jill is really sweet and caring. I'm glad Eddie was her guardian. I really like Eddie in VA a lot and am glad to see him casts as one of the main in Bloodlines.

I really enjoyed Bloodlines. I was so captivated with the different plotlines and characterization. I think I may ♡ it more than VA. It was exhilarating to read from a different voice. I can't imagine how people can say that it was boring. The ending killed me so much. How can it end like that? Just four words in a single sentence. I'm dying for The Golden Lily now. If only June will arrive sooner. Big Sigh.

Trailer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D