Monday, February 6, 2012

Book Review: Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder

Touch of Power (Healer #1)
By Maria V. Snyder
Release Date: December 20th, 2011
Number of Pages: 400
Format: ebook (ARC)
Source: Received from Netgalley for review
Rating: ♥ ♥

Blurb from Goodreads:
Laying hands upon the injured and dying, Avry of Kazan assumes their wounds and diseases into herself. But rather than being honored for her skills, she is hunted. Healers like Avry are accused of spreading the plague that has decimated the Territories, leaving the survivors in a state of chaos.

Stressed and tired from hiding, Avry is abducted by a band of rogues who, shockingly, value her gift above the golden bounty offered for her capture. Their leader, an enigmatic captor-protector with powers of his own, is unequivocal in his demands: Avry must heal a plague-stricken prince—leader of a campaign against her people. As they traverse the daunting Nine Mountains, beset by mercenaries and magical dangers, Avry must decide who is worth healing and what is worth dying for. Because the price of peace may well be her life....

My Review:
This is my second novel by Maria V. Snyder and first ever ARC. My first novel by this author was Poison Study and I truly was engrossed with it though I haven't proceeded to finishing the remaining two books in the series. They're still sitting nicely in my shelf.

I was intrigued by Touch of Power and the magical elements surrounding the premise. What more when it comes packaged in an amazing cover? Who could asked for more? Unfortunately, Touch of Power did not hold my attention this time. I found myself leaving it off and then continuing it much later. Avry was a decent and pleasant enough character. I did like her. Her romance with Kerrick was rather sweet.
Overall, Touch of Power was pretty decent. It just wasn't dynamic and epic enough to make me love it with all my heart. I would say that Touch of Power would be perfect for Maria V. Snyder's fans. Don't let this review stop you from picking this up. Who knows, you may love it as opinions differ from one to another.

I would like to thank Harlequin publishers and NetGalley for the ARC of "Touch of Power".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D