Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Book Review: Beastly by Alex Flinn


Beastly
By Alex Flinn
Release Date: December 29th, 2009
Number of Pages: 300
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Blurb from Goodreads:

A beast. Not quite wolf or bear, gorilla or dog but a horrible new creature who walks upright--a creature with fangs and claws and hair springing from every pore. I am a monster.

You think I'm talking fairy tales? No way. The place is New York City. The time is now. It's no deformity, no disease. And I'll stay this way forever--ruined--unless I can break the spell.

Yes, the spell, the one the witch in my English class cast on me. Why did she turn me into a beast who hides by day and prowls by night? I'll tell you. I'll tell you how I used to be Kyle Kingsbury, the guy you wished you were, with money, perfect looks, and the perfect life. And then, I'll tell you how I became perfectly . . . beastly.

My Review:

I was hooked the moment I started reading it. The chat group was and still is very unexpected. I totally love it. Reading about the fairy tale characters I grew up loving. Alex Flinn did a great job in the modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast. Her descriptions of things, people and places are so descriptive and beautiful.

I felt one with the characters. I couldn't put it down. Finished it within a few hours. Hmmmmm...Adrian. Kyle. I love how Alex personified him - before and after. I totally love the pretentious and prettified way he began to speak. "Who dares disturb my roses?", "I'm here, my love." 

I'm in love with this book. I'm in love with the world and story. Totally worth every cent and penny.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you make this website yourself or
    did you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I'm looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks
    Feel free to surf my blog http://www.MeltYourMansHeartReviews.info/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. No, I did not hire anyone to do it for me because book blogging is just a pastime of mine.
      I'm using Blogspot to host my blog and blogspot has this design feature where you can customize your blog however you like it.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D