Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Book Review: Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood #2) by J.R. Ward **18 Yrs Above**

Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood #2)
By J.R. Ward
Release Date: March 7th, 2006
Number of Pages: 441
Format: Paperback
Source: Bought
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


Blurb from Goodreads:

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war raging between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret bound of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Possessed by a deadly beast Rhage is the most dangerous of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. 

Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetites. He's the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover-for inside him burns ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin. Owned by this dark side, Rhage fears the time when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him.

Mary Luce, a survivor of many hardships is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world and reliant to Rhage's protection. With a life-threatening curse of her own, Mary is not looking for love. She lost her faith in miracles years ago. But when Rhage's intense animal attraction turns into something more emotional, he knows that he must make Mary his alone. And while their enemies close in, Mary fights desperately to gain life eternal with the one she loves...

My Review:

Wow. Just wow. I'm taking deep breaths and still trying to wrap my head all around this. I actually love Rhage's story more than Wrath's. Just a little bit more as it involves a beast. A real living literal beast and the taming of it.

I appreciated the slower romance especially on the female's part. It's understandable how long it takes for Mary to actually believe that someone as gorgeous and to-beautiful-to-be-real actually wants her. I mean, I wouldn't believed it myself and boy, can she harness and tame that beast into a pet. I'm quoting Butch here.

Rhage was a really sweet lover. Such a sweet, gentle and loving guy underneath. It was kind of funny to see him insert Mary's name in almost every sentence when he addresses her. It's like the word "Mary" is honey to his soul and he's afraid she will poof off and disappear if he doesn't say her name. It felt like a reassurance and affection.

The brothers are fabulous as always and I just can't get enough of the troika bromance and the gangsta talks. You feel me, WARDens? I have a love-hate relationship with the Scribe Virgin. Seriously. She's like some kind of sadist but not quite. Talking about the Scribe Virgin, my mind literally went blank when the meaning behind Mary's name was revealed. I was like, "HUH?? What?? Are you serious?"

Anyhow, the ending was deservingly sweet and I can't wait to read about Z's story next. My heart aches for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it! I love reading about your opinions and comments even if they differ from mine.

=D